First time attendee? Bringing a friend to new to the world of West
Coast Swing weekend events? DCSX now offers a special program just for
first time attendees. In addition to 4 nights of spectacular social
dancing, the newcomer program includes a tailored workshop track and
individual attention to your needs at your very first convention
weekend. DCSX is a huge party where everyone is welcome!
The newcomer program includes:
- Eight hours of skill-building L1 workshops, all included in your pass & tailored just for the Newcomer group
- Event orientation
- Social dance seminar full of strategies for finding fun people to dance with (Friday at 6pm)
- Welcoming team of "dance ambassadors" ready to meet you, dance with you, and answer your questions all weekend long
warm-up session for those who choose to enter the $1 newcomer Jack
& Jill (you must register separately, in advance, for that contest)
- Hand-selected expert teachers to guide you in the immersive learning of an event weekend and rapidly expand your fluency in WCS
- Moderated practice sessions / small group open dancing
into the popular main ballroom for ALL contests, pro shows, and
all-night social dancing. [L2/L3 workshops available a la carte.]
- A cohort of other friendly event first-timers who can't wait to meet you and have fun all weekend together!
Welcome to DCSX! We hope you’ll love it here.
Register - You can add the newcomer
program to any event pass. There is no additional cost. Select the newcomer package item
on the "workshops" tab when you register online. You may also register
onsite. The “Newcomer Jack and Jill” contest may be added separately for $1 on the “competitions” tab.
A special facebook event
has been created for newcomers and dance ambassadors participating
coming to DCSX 2016. It's a great place to ask questions and let others
know you will be there.
For additional information about the Necomer program contact Creative Consultant: Kay Newhouse