NEWCOMER WELCOME PROGRAM!
Is it your first time at DC Swing eXperience? Are you bringing a friend
to new to the world of West Coast Swing weekend events or coming back
after a long haitus? DCSX now offers a special program to welcome our
The weekend pass of your choice includes three days and four nights of
spectacular social dancing and shows in the main ballroom; add the
“newcomer welcome program” to get a tailored workshop & seminar
track in ballroom “Cirrus A,” and individual attention to your needs at
your first convention weekend. DCSX is a huge party where everyone is
The newcomer program includes:
- Immersive learning & rapid expansion of your fluency in WCS
- FUN with your newcomer cohort: learn together, dance with everyone, and make friends easily!
- Orientation (5pm Friday 11/17) & Closing Session (2pm Sunday)
- Eight hours of skill-building “L1” workshops (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
- Hosted practice sessions / small group open dancing
- Hand-selected Newcomer Program staff: expert teachers and friendly dance ambassadors
- Designated seating in the main ballroom for ALL contests, shows, and social dancing.
- Social Dance Success seminar; Newcomer packet; strategies & tips for new event-goers
- (optional) $1 newcomer Jack & Jill [Pick up a bib number at registration before noon Saturday.]
- (optional) Warm-up session for those who choose to enter the Jack & Jill contest [1pm Sat]
Welcome to DCSX! We hope you’ll love it here.
You can add the newcomer program to any event pass. There is no
additional cost. Select the “newcomer welcome program” package item on
the "workshops" tab when you register online. You may also register
onsite. The “Newcomer Jack and Jill” contest may be added separately
for $1 on the “competitions” tab. L2/L3 workshops are not included in
the newcomer program; they are available a la carte as needed ($15 each
on site or included with a super pass).
A special facebook event has been created for newcomers and dance
ambassadors coming to DCSX 2017. It's a great place to ask questions
and let others know you will be there.
For additional info contact Newcomer program coordinators: Tammy Davis or Kay Newhouse